All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Ralphy Waldo's advice column
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:02 pm 
Clan Member

Thank you Captain Florida for the kind words :mrgreen: I have really tryed to keep from using the targeting device on the RPG. Sometimes I still use it if there is someone I just can't get :lol: :lol: but for the most part I don't use it. It makes a game so much more fun if everyone is getting along and having a good time and not bitching at eachother. After all it's just a game right?

See you all in the game,

{ABA}Hellraiser

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:49 am 
wow.

I wrote a help section and it became a debate on the moral qualities of my playing style. Why would I write a help section if I wasn't good sportsman/player?

I understand that no one likes to be owned and I tried to offer solutions to make everyone better players and for people to have more fun.

Yesterday there was once again a long stupid argument on the server of with mod installed or without.

This isn't an argument. It's not enhancement or cheating or spoiling the game... The immortal Bard never once mentioned UT or Ballistic, not even in a sonnet. There isn't minimalists or maxing it out. It's not philosophy it's UT and I go by Emerson/Thoreau for pete's sake!

What it is. It's a BALLISTIC SERVER. Having the mod installed is a given not an "enhancement". I'm sorry, if you don't install the Ballistic mod on a ballistic server, well then, you're not "keeping it real" or a "minamalist" your being either lazy or stupid. If you don't want to- fine, that's your choice, it's probably a good challenge but then accept that you are playing on a mod server and most players will have the mod installed.

I was on with Admin (not sure who) and he summed it up perfectly when a player said that they wished there were no mods on the server- the admin pointed out that there were plenty of servers without it.

This seems obvious. but we keep arguing about it.

I didn't write the orginal post to argue. I wrote it to help player become better so they can own me backwards.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:04 am 
Over Lord

Thanks Ralphy!

Work before play, and if work becomes play - PLAY HARD!

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page
 Previous << 
1, 2