View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 8 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Goodbye
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:05 am 
Clan Member

Okay, so there was another big fight tonite. Again between me and Hellraiser, this time about politics. As it progressed people began calling on us to shut up and play, and finally I suggested the same to Hellraiser (indelicately of course--I do nothing delicately.)

I rapidly lost patience with him, because in real life I spend a great deal of time listening to the same BS from other conservatives. I don't come to this server to listen to zeitgeist conspiracy theorists and libertarian crazies, I can get plenty of that elsewhere.

As it happened, long after I stopped talking about it, Hellraiser continued to complain to others "I told 'her' to drop it many times." Yeah, and you are still talking about it aren't you?

Stop calling me 'her'. I'm a 42 year old man, and I keep up on political topics, so I'm not some schmo who doesn't know what he's talking about.

So as I got angrier with Hellraiser for not letting it go, he started threatening to kick me. Must be nice to be an admin and then get into political arguments where you can just silence the opposition. That's not very American, but then again, neither are the most vehement conservatives.

So I blew up. And I am not coming back. Hellraiser is a dick, and at this point I know enough about him to know I don't like him at all. Anybody who can complain about me being "vulgar" on a server that features thong-girls feeling themselves up while moaning after every match has a seriously messed up sense of what vulgarity is.

But I think spreading fear-mongering propaganda is pretty vulgar. Far more vulgar than any 4 letter words I might spout. "Providing health care to the entire country will NECESSARILY result in death panels." Oh shut up, you are talking out your ass.

Anyway he pissed me off to the point where I couldn't focus on my game anymore and I wanted his chickenshit ass too kick me. I'm done.

For those of you who might be thinking about contacting me. Don't. I don't want to talk about this. The point of this post is to explain why I left. I'm not coming back. I'm not going to play on a server where the admin can spout whatever political bullshit he wants and then when I get upset and start cussing at him he can throw me out. Crybaby in charge? Fuck that.

Later.

-- Chuck Seggelin, Sagewood Studios
Photographer * Secular Humanist * Moderate Democrat

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist. -- Dom Helder Camarra

Post subject: Re: Goodbye
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:45 am 
Clan Member

You're such an IDIOT! You're the one that started that crap, and I told you SEVERAL times to drop it!!! Badass can check the logs and see that you are full of shit!! You had no cause to start cussing me out. I didn't do that to you, but that shows your mentality.

And if you are a "42 year old man", what the hell is with your name "Queen"? LOL A little mixed up are we??? :lol:

Don't act like you're little MISS innocent here, I think if you look back you will see that just about every time there is a problem with you and someone else, YOU start it. If it's not your constant complaining then you're calling someone names.

As for the politics that went on tonight, I never talk about that on this server because I know where it's going to lead. To exactly what happened tonight. Everyone was talking about it, but if you will check I DID NOT start it. Everyone has an opinion about what is going on, so if you are going to voice yours, then you better be "MAN" enough to hear other peoples too.

The reason I was threatening to kick you was not because of your opinion's, as crazy as they may be, but because you where telling me to F off. I told you to stop doing that but you kept going. I don't have to put up with your crap, and I've been putting up with ever since you started playing here. NO MORE!

So, for you leaving.......doesn't hurt my feelings any, but don't blame it on me. It's your own doing.

As for the political talks, I think it should be left out of the game. If anyone wants to talk about that, go somewhere where they do, not here. This is supposed to be a gaming server where we have fun, and politics are never fun.

{ABA}hellraiser

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:37 pm 
Over Lord

QueenBitch wrote:
I'm not going to play on a server where the admin can spout whatever political bullshit he wants and then when I get upset and start cussing at him he can throw me out.

Kicking might occur if name calling and disrespect were happening - only after ample warning.

QueenBitch wrote:
So as I got angrier with Hellraiser for not letting it go, he started threatening to kick me. Must be nice to be an admin and then get into political arguments where you can just silence the opposition.

Hellraiser is NOT admin and admin do not argue political beliefs on the server - Clan members have opinions but I do not believe that anyone should use this arena for that......period. A suggestion to kick would NOT be from "political arguments where you can just silence the opposition". Foul language/name calling is another story.... Admins and clan members are expected to abide by a "code of conduct" while playing on this server. Admin ask all players to be respectful and to avoid foul language as written in our "code of conduct" as well. Of course, at times, we will get mad and walk a fine line. I have a short fuse myself and have to put myself in check from time to time....

QueenBitch wrote:
Crybaby in charge? Fuck that.

{ABA}Bonjaa - {ABA}ABadAss - {ABA}Death <-------WE are the ADMINS and WE are in charge.........

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:46 pm 
Over Lord

{ABA}Hellraiser wrote:
You're such an IDIOT! You're the one that started that crap, and I told you SEVERAL times to drop it!!! Badass can check the logs and see that you are full of shit!! You had no cause to start cussing me out. I didn't do that to you, but that shows your mentality.

And if you are a "42 year old man", what the hell is with your name "Queen"? LOL A little mixed up are we??? :lol:

Please no name calling even when your mad - "rules of conduct" - Thanks

{ABA}Hellraiser wrote:
As for the political talks, I think it should be left out of the game. If anyone wants to talk about that, go somewhere where they do, not here. This is supposed to be a gaming server where we have fun, and politics are never fun.

I agree!! It doesn't matter who brings up the subject - participating in any way, can and usually will, lead to an argument...

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:47 pm 
Over Lord

Queenie - This is very unfortunate because political opinions are just opinions and should not be reason for quitting playing on a server. In any setting or arena - I personally try to avoid conversations about politics and religion just to avoid hurt feelings and arguments. You can always block text and chat and just kill. We all have tempers - thats unavoidable. The issue that I have is the name calling that result from issues like this. There is no need to "lower ourselves to that". I have to remind myself this when I have crossed the line myself - hell, I even give myself "timeout" just to clear my thoughts and think/respond appropriately. In my line of work, I reach this state of mind many times a day and find that this works for me. We are all adults here so I am in no way telling anyone how to deal with their feelings or excited utterances. I have seen the tension between you and Hellraiser and was worried that it might come to something like this.. You and Hellraiser may not be able to play together but there are many players that enjoy the competition you bring to the server. Hell - you and I have had words and have "gotten over it" and "began again". I am making an attempt to understand how Hellraiser feels and how you feel about all of this (as best as I can). If you do decide to come back and kick some ut ass and get some in return :) - I am asking that you and Hellraiser do NOT interact what-so-ever. So - in the future (if there is a future) PLEASE - Let's not lower ourselves to name calling - this applies to everyone involved. Always try to take the higher road........

Someone wrote this poem when he was 17:

Fiery flames, flicker and flash,
Spitting sparks and spurting ash,
Burning branches and baking trash,
Sizzling the air at which they lash.
Golden glimmers glint all aglow,
And with the smoke they upwards go,
Into the Earth from whence they grow,
Spawning life that loves and knows.

Life that wants no sentiments,
For its corrupted governments,
Ignoring all its innocents,
Forging a chain of fatal events.

And each one, the other, blames.
No two will admit they are the same,
And for foolish fights they each take aim...
And turn the Earth back into flame!

Someone else wrote this:

"Can't we all just get along?"

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:52 pm 
Sarge

My two cents-

They are both guilty in this. I participated in this arguement and where I do agree with Queenie on the said topic, but it did get out of hand.

Queenie- stated his case pretty clearly above and we probably won't be seeing him again- which is too bad- I liked playing against him. I don't excuse his behaviour at all, but this wasn't a one sided thing.

Hellraiser- was just as guilty, and yes- he did say "drop it" that only happened after he had participated and helped raise the argument to it's angry level. Honestly- he stated it above- politics should have stayed out of the game and he broke his own rule- He's human, but he does have Admin authority and the threat to kick Queenie-felt definitely more because of his beliefs than for his language-

If the chat logs ever get fixed- this will all become evident- including my bias

we're at the end of ut2004- unless a player is a cheater or a truly terrible person- then we shouldn't be happy to see anyone go.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:58 pm 
Over Lord

Political arguments usually start out as a fishing expedition - stay away from the hook!!!! Thanks for the input Emerson...

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:09 pm 
Over Lord

Well I was not part of the conversation, so I do not know what the political argument was all about! But that does not matter. I may just be repeating some of the above but I will state it anyway. This/our server is not a place for arguments about politics. Queen, if you have chosen to leave because you do not care for someone - so be it! Everyone has people they like and dislike - but the question lies in how we deal with it? We are not going to chase/ask you to return. That is your choice! Although the door is always open. I will repeat what ABadAss has already written: that if you do return that you and {ABA}Hellraiser do not converse as to cause more rift.

Consider this subject closed!

Work before play, and if work becomes play - PLAY HARD!

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 8 posts ]