View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 9 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Map Score Limit Vote
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:13 pm 
Over Lord

Let us know what you think about the end game score limit!

Work before play, and if work becomes play - PLAY HARD!

Post subject: Re: Map Score Limit Vote
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:51 pm 
Clan Member

I think the time limit is fine. Some games that are large maps might need a time limit. As for the score being 200 I think that is a good number. On some of the fast maps with a lot of players it goes pretty quick.

{ABA}Hellraiser

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:16 am 
Captain

I believe that the time limit is specified on the server. I don't recall that option being level/map defined. Bonjaa or Badass can answer to that.

Now that they (Bonjaa or Badass) added a vote modifier last night, which pulls a played map from rotation, then the round score limit may become a mute point.
The goal of my suggestion was to just find a good way to get some play on these other maps that Bonjaa and Badass have made available (instead of playing
BoomBoom (which I do like btw ) for 3 hours straight).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:44 pm 
I think on big maps like Island Rapanuai the score should be dropped to like 100 or even on some of the less played maps it could be 100. Or how bout making an option that allows us to vote on what the score should be or make head shots on huge maps be worth like 5 kills or something (not that that would benefit me at all). Something should be done because i feel we play the same maps over and over because no1 wants to be on a huge or unfamiliar map 4ever. I was up late 1 nite checking out all the maps and just about all of em are pretty good and i would love to toss pineapples at u guys faces in new places. One more thing i would also love is to see capture the flag added that would be so fun with the ballistic weapons and the level of competition here rather then just kill kill kill team deathmatch. A100SAUCE

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:30 pm 
Over Lord

My understand the way ut2vote works, is that it takes over the map limit time and score. Regardless of what each individual map score or limit time is set at in the editor/by the maker of each map! So this leaves ut2vote to set the limit regardless of map size, basically it takes charge. Where the real problem lies is that, we {ABA} search for maps regardless of what style it is, that we believe players will enjoy. This then can be large ONS maps or small DM or Assault maps - that we in turn change in the editor and sometimes add our own items to the map and make it to TDM. So this is where we get into maps that are good to play but large and the duration last a long time. Thus lies the question of 'What is the best score limit for the map we enjoy?'

And yes, we have changed the map voting to not allow the same map voted twice in a row - so as players play more than one map continually and yet that map will be voteable again after the next round!

Work before play, and if work becomes play - PLAY HARD!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:43 pm 
Over Lord

I think it is great, it can only speed things up on the larger / longer maps !!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:18 pm 
Private

i think that some of the faster maps like boxed in need larger score limits and others need shorter

Silencer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:18 pm 
Clan Member

LOL This was addressed two years ago.__________________________________________________________________________^Time stamp.

Image My spelling sucks figure it out

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:20 am 
Private

really?
my b
sry

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 9 posts ]