All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Cacheing
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:04 pm 
Over Lord

Temporarily for the next while, do not cache your files to your game! As this will cause version mismatches in the next while as we continually update the weapons files as they are released! If you get a version mismatch and can not get on the server. Please post it here and I will help you out! Until you hear otherwise -
Do Not Cache your files!

Work before play, and if work becomes play - PLAY HARD!

Post subject: Re: Cacheing
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:35 pm 
Private

Bonjaa, thanks for the note on cacheing, unfortunately I read it a day late! I cannot connect as I now get the error message: 'SargeKellyBazooka' version mismatch - connection failed. I downloaded, installed and later cached the new ballistics weapons file a couple of days ago. Everything works on my PC as a stand alone but I can't connect to the server.

Please help me out if you are able, I would appreciate it.

Otherwise I have been missing on the server for about six months now; my ISP, CenturyLink, has oversold their bandwidth in my area and my 5 Meg service is reduced to as slow as dialup on many occasions, but only between the hours of 5:30pm until after midnight Eastern Daylight time. This means I can't "play" during the time when everyone else is available. CenturyLink has finally made it worth my while to hang on until they fix the problem probably no sooner than in May (maybe). I can play in the morning but I'm all alone on the server although I have the maps and play solo on my PC to keep up with the new maps and such.

So for anyone who might have noticed or wondered about it, no, the old man has not died, he has just been shut down by his ISP for some time now.

Hello to all of you folks, I see a lot of the "regulars" and several new names when I check on the server.

Thanks again Bonjaa,

Arby or "RB"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:54 pm 
Clan Member

Arby wrote:
Bonjaa, thanks for the note on cacheing, unfortunately I read it a day late! I cannot connect as I now get the error message: 'SargeKellyBazooka' version mismatch - connection failed. I downloaded, installed and later cached the new ballistics weapons file a couple of days ago. Everything works on my PC as a stand alone but I can't connect to the server.

Please help me out if you are able, I would appreciate it.

Otherwise I have been missing on the server for about six months now; my ISP, CenturyLink, has oversold their bandwidth in my area and my 5 Meg service is reduced to as slow as dialup on many occasions, but only between the hours of 5:30pm until after midnight Eastern Daylight time. This means I can't "play" during the time when everyone else is available. CenturyLink has finally made it worth my while to hang on until they fix the problem probably no sooner than in May (maybe). I can play in the morning but I'm all alone on the server although I have the maps and play solo on my PC to keep up with the new maps and such.

So for anyone who might have noticed or wondered about it, no, the old man has not died, he has just been shut down by his ISP for some time now.

Hello to all of you folks, I see a lot of the "regulars" and several new names when I check on the server.

Thanks again Bonjaa,

Arby or "RB"

Remove the SargeKellyBazooka U file from the "I think its in" system folder.
Bonjaa helped me with the same problem.

Image My spelling sucks figure it out

Last edited by {ABA}Worlock on Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:21 pm 
Private

Thanks Worlock, I believe that has fixed the problem. I connected to the server, it downloaded a new bazooka "u" file and then connected to the map.

Thanks, RB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:54 pm 
Clan Member

NP, Glad I could help.

PS
What do you think of the new weapons.

Image My spelling sucks figure it out

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:08 pm 
Over Lord

Thanks Worlock for your quick response as I have just got in! I was unable to be around the last two days. Glad you are back online Arby!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:04 pm 
Sarge

Bonjaa's message was very important. Do not cache any of the new files on the server. That includes BWBPRecolors3, BWBPWeaponPack2 and SargeKellyBazooka. All three of those files are already very much out of date.

By the way Bonjaa, you still have the BWBPRecolors2 and BWBPRecolors1 files on the server. Same goes for the old BWBPWeaponPack.u file. These are not required for the current mod versions and will force people to download a lot of extra data. You should probably remove that stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:30 pm 
Over Lord

Will do, thanks!

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:39 pm 
Over Lord

Thanks to Sarg Kelly, we now have the latest versions on our server! We(ABadAss) have just as of today updated the server, so if you are having any concerns in game or getting in because of version mismatches - post it here so we can help/get you playing! Thanks again Sarg for your efforts/work! If you would like to post the updated list that is now running please do Sarg.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 2:54 pm 
Over Lord

That was a time consuming process for Mr. Upload (me)......LOL. Glad to see it took this time. The weapons are toned down a bit as well. Leave your feedback on a new post - ok guys?

ImageImageImage

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page
1, 2
 >> Next