View unanswered posts View active topics

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 5 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Team Balancer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:57 pm 
Sarge

Tonight I was playing on the server and the teams became unbalanced in my favor- I was doing pretty well- so I shouted out "teams" hoping someone else would be cool and switch- nope.

So I did, as the game progressed it became insanely unbalanced in favor of the team I left. Now, this happens sometimes, I understand that- but red was gaining players- not only players but good players and blue was losing them with no replacement-

I called attention to this- no one responded. It was an outright slaughter score was somewhere around red 175- blue 50 something- Red had a full team- blue about half real players.

Maybe I'm a whiner but I think that good players slaughtering newer and lesser players to point that they leave is a) no fun- and b) not good for this server- or any server. I love having the high score- but not at that price.

there are team-balancers out there- none of them are perfect. But these days player retention is keeping this server alive and it might be worth it.

Post subject: Re: Team Balancer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:18 pm 
Clan Member

Sounds like someone isn't too happy with the server, or the way it's run...... :shock:

{ABA}Hellraiser

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:59 pm 
Sarge

I enjoy shooting people regardless of teams. If I'm on a stacked team it's a nice slaughterfest, if I'm against a stacked team it's a good challenge.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:01 am 
Sarge

Sergeant Kelly wrote:
I enjoy shooting people regardless of teams. If I'm on a stacked team it's a nice slaughterfest, if I'm against a stacked team it's a good challenge.

I totally understand this point Kelly, but as UT2004 turns six years old- player retention becomes an issue- as we can all agree we still play this game because with all the pop and zip of newer games- this particular version of UT has a great combo of both dynamic arcade gameplay and semi-realism of the ballistic weapons.

Sometimes it of course just happens- stacked team- quick match- be better next time. on the particular night I'm referencing Red dominated over the course of several matches- All to good players were on red- all the newer players were on blue. Blue players dropped off the server like flies, when I and others slaughtered them.

So, I think it's a valid point. If this was just deathmatch- shooting people regardless of teams works. But since this is team DM- there has to be an awareness of balance.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:18 am 
Clan Member

I agree with Emerson
I was there that night did not notice your post but iv was kicked once before for
not acknowledging the Admin because I didn't notice his post, then he got my full attention
all I can say is I'm sorry But hes right. balance teams make a better game big battles are great
slaughter fest aren't
The respawn points need to be on the opposite side of where you died.
There's been a lot of times you kill someone turn a corner kill some else and its the same person again and again

And Capt. where did that come from ???

Image My spelling sucks figure it out

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 5 posts ]